Skip to main content

SGS: What makes you smile

Before I dive into today’s post, I want to remind everyone that, in times of tragedy, we must do something to try to make the world a better place instead of remaining silent. 

Use whatever talents and abilities you have
Use what is available to you to make a difference
Always be kind

In memory of George Floyd

In memory of George Floyd, I’m donating the proceeds from everything in the Know Your Rights section of my Etsy store to Colin Kaepernick’s Know Your Rights Camp. 

You can also donate directly to Know Your Rights Camp.

Due to COVID-19, my access to the post office is none at the moment; I have to use flat rate priority shipping envelopes/pouches, so there is an $8 fee for shipping (included in the price). 

31st – What makes you smile?

It’s time for another Seriously Geeky Sunday brought to you by the creative Heather at geeking-by.net!

What TV shows do you love? 
  • The Man in the High Castle, and that should come as no surprise to anyone, ha ha!
  • Star Trek: Deep Space 9 and The Next Generation
  • The Orville: Give this show a chance. Ignore the trailer that was initially released for Season 1. The show has the perfect mixture of comedy and 90s era Star Trek! I can’t wait for the next season. Hulu is often bundled with other things for free, if you’re worried about paying a fee 😉 
  • Babylon 5
  • Bosch
  • The Expanse
  • The Grand Tour
What are your favourite movie genres?

Science Fiction, Dystopian, Post-Apocalyptic, and Fantasy

What do you like to read?

I just finished The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes (I enjoyed it; it did its job of allowing me to escape reality for a little while!). I’m about to reread the original Hunger Games trilogy because I want to discover every last way the prequel ties into it. 

I also enjoy alternate history novels like take a wild guess 😉 The Man in the High Castle. 

What about games?

I haven’t had much time to delve into any video games lately, but I’ve enjoyed Star Trek Online and Guild Wars (1 & 2) in the past. 

What geeky thing made you smile this week?

Finishing the Hunger Games prequel, breaking out my mockingjay necklace and wearing it again (I’m going to wear it today as a matter of fact!), and finishing a Loki drawing. 

What quote always makes you smile?

We all have flaws, all of us. It makes us who we are.

Juliana Crain

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SGS: Creativity!

Looking at Heather’s wonderful prompts, I just realized that April is almost over. Is it really the last Sunday of the month already!? How did that happen? Even with quarantine it feels like it just zipped by!  This week’s Seriously Geeky Sundays theme hits close to home, and I am super excited about it. As you all know, I’m an artist who loves to draw, paint, write, and sew!  26th April – Creativity What does creativity in fandoms/geeky interests mean to you? EVERYTHING. Just look at Club High Castle!  High Castle is the one fandom where I’ve felt like I’ve been allowed to flourish. The countless hours and dedication I’ve put into the things I’ve created has been appreciated by both fans and the cast and crew. I have never experienced anything like it, and it has genuinely made me happy over the years.  I’ve been in other fandoms where art and things just slipped by unnoticed–not that I’m seeking attention, but knowing that there are people out there who enjoy my...

A Very Stylish Geeky Sunday

Costumes, costumes, and more costumes! I am here for this. Before COVID, I was an avid purveyor of all things cosplay and even cosplayed incognito, so today’s prompt is something I have been looking forward to.  15th November – Adorn Last month we were talking about visual locations with Embellish, and this month Adorn brings us to costumes! Characters wear an assortment of outfits throughout fandoms and this week we’re talking all about costumes, fashion and more. If you could steal any character’s wardrobe* which would it be? I was just having this conversation with @ChelahFan on Twitter! Ever since I first watched The Man in the High Castle way back in 2015, I was mesmerized with Helen’s Smith’s beautiful wardrobe (it was just so classy that I wanted to look like her). I’ve been slowly phasing my wardrobe into a mixture of vintage (reproduction dresses), modern, and pinup.  Dressing like her is a lot of work. You’ve got the retro dresses which require some clever ways to keep...

Cosplay Everyday!

It’s time for another Seriously Geeky Sunday brought to you by the creative Heather at geeking-by.net! It’s cosplay everyday here in Club High Castle Cosplay is very near and dear to my heart. You should see the left half of my closet! Hanging there is an assortment of medieval dresses, Star Trek uniforms, and other odes to my favorite fandoms that I’ve collected over the years. The oldest thing I have in there is probably from the 90s.  23rd August – Cosplay It’s international Cosplay Day this weekend and we’re joining in the celebrations by chatting about all things cosplay! Have you cosplayed before? If yes, which character was your favourite? If no, which character would you like to cosplay as? You have no idea, Grasshopper 😉 You just opened an entire world about me. I was the QUEEN of cosplay in the early 2000s, and I loved every last second of it. As for my favorite character, that one is a tough one because every time I put on a costume, I’m having the time of my life, h...