Skip to main content

Fan Castle Sunday: The Beginning of the End

The Beginning of the End

It’s been an amazing journey

The finale to Amazon’s The Man in the High Castle is just 5 days away. Yes, I am emotional, and yes, there may have been a tear or two while typing this post up. As everyone knows, this show has been a huge part of my life since the beginning. I just want to say that it has been an amazing journey of friendship, art, and blossoming into a better me.

I remember the cold, snowy day in February when they announced that Season 4 will be the finale. Part of me was shocked and saddened, but the other part was thankful that TMITHC wouldn’t go the prolonged, dragged out route that so many shows in the past have gone. To be honest, I am glad they aren’t going to grind the show into the ground like that–It’s a bittersweet feeling. 

I just want to say thank you to everyone I’ve met on this journey. I’ll cherish the memories TMITHC has given me forever.

<3

With Season 4 airing on the 15th, there will be no #FanCastleSunday next week or the week after to give everyone a chance to catch up (and avoid spoilers!).

#FanCastleSunday will resume Sunday, December 1st

—————————————–

What are your #HighCastle S4 predictions? When #FanCastleSunday resumes December 1st, we’ll see if anyone got close!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SGS: Creativity!

Looking at Heather’s wonderful prompts, I just realized that April is almost over. Is it really the last Sunday of the month already!? How did that happen? Even with quarantine it feels like it just zipped by!  This week’s Seriously Geeky Sundays theme hits close to home, and I am super excited about it. As you all know, I’m an artist who loves to draw, paint, write, and sew!  26th April – Creativity What does creativity in fandoms/geeky interests mean to you? EVERYTHING. Just look at Club High Castle!  High Castle is the one fandom where I’ve felt like I’ve been allowed to flourish. The countless hours and dedication I’ve put into the things I’ve created has been appreciated by both fans and the cast and crew. I have never experienced anything like it, and it has genuinely made me happy over the years.  I’ve been in other fandoms where art and things just slipped by unnoticed–not that I’m seeking attention, but knowing that there are people out there who enjoy my...

SGS: Fictional Fathers

Today is Father’s Day in the US. This is your reminder to call your dads 😉 June 21st – Father Figures As it’s Father’s Day today, we’re celebrating the father figures in our fandoms. The good, the bad and the downright bonkers ones. Who is your favourite fictional dad? This should come as no surprise to anyone. Can I get a drum roll, please? John Smith from The Man in the High Castle . He loved his children and was willing to do anything to protect them. He was active in their lives, and can I just mention a certain scene in Season 4 where I always burst out laughing? Jennifer has a male friend over and puts on an “illegal” record. Loud music permeates through the apartment as the two start dancing. Her sister Amy runs out of her room, and the two girls start screaming at each other. The friend follows them into the hallway, and the front door opens to reveal Smith walking into the apartment in the midst of the chaos.  Who is your favourite evil dad? John Smith. Yes, he is e...

A Very Stylish Geeky Sunday

Costumes, costumes, and more costumes! I am here for this. Before COVID, I was an avid purveyor of all things cosplay and even cosplayed incognito, so today’s prompt is something I have been looking forward to.  15th November – Adorn Last month we were talking about visual locations with Embellish, and this month Adorn brings us to costumes! Characters wear an assortment of outfits throughout fandoms and this week we’re talking all about costumes, fashion and more. If you could steal any character’s wardrobe* which would it be? I was just having this conversation with @ChelahFan on Twitter! Ever since I first watched The Man in the High Castle way back in 2015, I was mesmerized with Helen’s Smith’s beautiful wardrobe (it was just so classy that I wanted to look like her). I’ve been slowly phasing my wardrobe into a mixture of vintage (reproduction dresses), modern, and pinup.  Dressing like her is a lot of work. You’ve got the retro dresses which require some clever ways to keep...