Skip to main content

Win & Win

Just look at that little word count! NaNo who?

I’m going back to the original writing strategy I had for Sisters. There’s no way I can reach NaNo’s goal of 50K at this point. The initial plan was to write three chapters, pause and revise, visit the outline and note any changes in plot, and write three more chapters.

Rinse and repeat!

Anyone who has ever had to edit can tell you what a tedious, short-attention-span producing task it is. Imagine saving ALL of it for later and going back to several hundred pages of it. No thanks!

This is something I’ve never done before. I’ll still have to go back after I finish writing and reread it all, but the goal is to make the dreaded revision task a little easier.

Because nobody asked, here’s my two cents on current events…

Has it made working on Sisters harder? Yes. Did I vote for him? No. Am I going to move on and keep living my life? Yes.

I just want to say one thing, and then I’ll shut up because the last thing I want to turn this blog into is a political stomping ground.

I’m going to talk about Internet rants because, good Lord…There are right ways to express your anger and there are obnoxious ways.

Throwing tantrums online, labeling every single person who voted a certain way a [insert buzzword here], and declaring that you’re unfriending every last person who voted differently than you does one thing, and one thing only.

It alienates people, even those who share your views.

“Your crazy Internet rant really opened my eyes!” said no one ever.

Want to win people over to your side? 

Hilarious memes & rationality

It’s that simple.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SGS: Creativity!

Looking at Heather’s wonderful prompts, I just realized that April is almost over. Is it really the last Sunday of the month already!? How did that happen? Even with quarantine it feels like it just zipped by!  This week’s Seriously Geeky Sundays theme hits close to home, and I am super excited about it. As you all know, I’m an artist who loves to draw, paint, write, and sew!  26th April – Creativity What does creativity in fandoms/geeky interests mean to you? EVERYTHING. Just look at Club High Castle!  High Castle is the one fandom where I’ve felt like I’ve been allowed to flourish. The countless hours and dedication I’ve put into the things I’ve created has been appreciated by both fans and the cast and crew. I have never experienced anything like it, and it has genuinely made me happy over the years.  I’ve been in other fandoms where art and things just slipped by unnoticed–not that I’m seeking attention, but knowing that there are people out there who enjoy my...

Saving the world with High Castle and Field Team 6

Tuesday I had the awesome pleasure of joining the Axis of Good (Joel de la Fuente, Rufus Sewell, Chelah Horsdal, Stephen Root, Jason O’Mara, Frances Turner, Michael Gaston, Sebastian Roché, and Isa Hacket) with Field Team 6 for an evening of textbanking.  Let me tell you about the absolute blast I had! I didn’t know what to expect–was I nervous going in? You bet I was! I am probably the shyest person you’ll ever meet…until you get to know me, that is!  The week started off with absolute chaos, as 2020 weeks often do. I spent that day doing a bunch of house projects which involved a lot of nit and grit. I scrambled to get my laptop ready in time without bothering to fix my hair and without any attempt at looking presentable. Normally fans are muted and shuffled to the back of these things. Well….I clicked the link and HELLO WORLD! Hello Joel in particular because I know you saw me fumbling around and flustered! 😉  After a minute or so, I managed to turn my...

In Memory of Jeffrey

To say that February was horrible would be an understatement. For those who don’t know, there was a second death in my family. Hi everyone, I am still here. Let me tell you a thing: February sucked. One of my step brothers passed away on Friday. He had been in the hospital for weeks, but it still sucks. All I can say is at least we were all together when we got the news. I cried for him and also my uncle — Ms. Luna (@MishiWan) March 3, 2020 Flashback to the 1990s–the culdesac of redacted . buzzed with laughter and games; it was THE place to be for us kids. Jeffrey had always been a big part of it all. He was funny and kind no matter how silly my Lion King shirts were or how frizzy my hair was; it didn’t matter. There was always a fervor of excitement over baseball and football, and trading cards was serious business back then. He had the crown jewel, #80 Jerry Rice of the San Francisco 49ers. I traded whatever he wanted for it because I *had* to have it. When the big day ca...