Skip to main content

Weekly Roundup: I Haz Contest and Catch-up Bowl MMXV

After working 10 days in a row and fighting off a nasty cold, I am finally back to the random whims of what we call free time!
The painting used in this graphic is Daydreaming by Edward Harrison May.

Catch-up Bowl MMXV
I enjoy my job, but running a work marathon without a day off gets to you. The nasty cold didn’t help matters either! By the end of it, I was neckbearding my evenings away by binge watching trashy shows on Netflix.

Oh how I missed revising my “Omg, orcs!” book! I was too drained to even look at the thing
.

Now that everything seems normal with my schedule, *knock on wood* I’m hoping to jump back into my routine. I’ll tell you what though, today I’ve been that daydreaming woman in that painting! I slept in late and haven’t accomplished a thing except for this post.

I don’t have a catchy transition sentence to jump to the fact that I liked my OMG orcs! drawing so much that I did a Delenn (from Babylon 5) version and a special V-Day contest Star Trek red shirt edition.

[ Insert flashy transition sentence here ]
V-Day contest and giveaway!
I am giving away a signed copy of The Year is Now OR a free digital drawing* (winner’s choice) to the person who has the best caption for Red Shirt Girl!
How to Enter:
1. Message me on Facebook, through the contact form on the right, or email me (thecommanddeck [at] outlook [dot] com) with our dear Red Shirt’s caption.
2. Use V Day Contest as the subject
3. If you want to edit the image and insert your caption in the speech bubble, you are more than free to do so! Send the image as an attachment.
All entries must be received by 15 February, 2015!
Rules
1. Multiple entries by one person are okay.
2. International entries are okay.
3. The winner must choose between the signed copy or the drawing (see information).
4. No hate regards to race, religion, or orientation.
Information:
Drawing – The drawing will be of one person, character, or animal against a simple background. It may take me 3 weeks to complete the drawing depending on if I get scheduled a crazy 10 days in a row again or not.
Signed Book – Will be mailed off on my next day off after 15 Feb.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SGS: Creativity!

Looking at Heather’s wonderful prompts, I just realized that April is almost over. Is it really the last Sunday of the month already!? How did that happen? Even with quarantine it feels like it just zipped by!  This week’s Seriously Geeky Sundays theme hits close to home, and I am super excited about it. As you all know, I’m an artist who loves to draw, paint, write, and sew!  26th April – Creativity What does creativity in fandoms/geeky interests mean to you? EVERYTHING. Just look at Club High Castle!  High Castle is the one fandom where I’ve felt like I’ve been allowed to flourish. The countless hours and dedication I’ve put into the things I’ve created has been appreciated by both fans and the cast and crew. I have never experienced anything like it, and it has genuinely made me happy over the years.  I’ve been in other fandoms where art and things just slipped by unnoticed–not that I’m seeking attention, but knowing that there are people out there who enjoy my...

Saving the world with High Castle and Field Team 6

Tuesday I had the awesome pleasure of joining the Axis of Good (Joel de la Fuente, Rufus Sewell, Chelah Horsdal, Stephen Root, Jason O’Mara, Frances Turner, Michael Gaston, Sebastian Roché, and Isa Hacket) with Field Team 6 for an evening of textbanking.  Let me tell you about the absolute blast I had! I didn’t know what to expect–was I nervous going in? You bet I was! I am probably the shyest person you’ll ever meet…until you get to know me, that is!  The week started off with absolute chaos, as 2020 weeks often do. I spent that day doing a bunch of house projects which involved a lot of nit and grit. I scrambled to get my laptop ready in time without bothering to fix my hair and without any attempt at looking presentable. Normally fans are muted and shuffled to the back of these things. Well….I clicked the link and HELLO WORLD! Hello Joel in particular because I know you saw me fumbling around and flustered! 😉  After a minute or so, I managed to turn my...

SGS: Fictional Fathers

Today is Father’s Day in the US. This is your reminder to call your dads 😉 June 21st – Father Figures As it’s Father’s Day today, we’re celebrating the father figures in our fandoms. The good, the bad and the downright bonkers ones. Who is your favourite fictional dad? This should come as no surprise to anyone. Can I get a drum roll, please? John Smith from The Man in the High Castle . He loved his children and was willing to do anything to protect them. He was active in their lives, and can I just mention a certain scene in Season 4 where I always burst out laughing? Jennifer has a male friend over and puts on an “illegal” record. Loud music permeates through the apartment as the two start dancing. Her sister Amy runs out of her room, and the two girls start screaming at each other. The friend follows them into the hallway, and the front door opens to reveal Smith walking into the apartment in the midst of the chaos.  Who is your favourite evil dad? John Smith. Yes, he is e...