Skip to main content

Missing Aliens and Busy Me

Sometimes life gets the best of you, and you become busier than a buzzing, bumbling bumble bee! I missed last week’s update. Mr. Burple Berry has all but disappeared. It took a stubborn reporter to track the little alien down. Scroll to the end of this post for details!

Today’s blog is based on a prompt by @journalprompts.
“Four objects that represent you.”

  1. Any writing utensil – I think this is the most obvious object. I love to draw, and I’m addicted to writing. When I can’t find a pen or pencil, a crayon will do!
  2. Computers – I’ve been spending more time on computers than I should since 1999! They are a huge part of my free time and an endless source of entertainment. You can’t beat an object that allows you to research, to write, to draw, and to play games. 
  3. Trees – I love the outdoors. I know this is cliché, but it’s the truth.
  4. Books – I can’t keep my nose out of them, and I’ll always be writing them.
Extra! Extra! Read all about it! Purple Alien Goes Missing!
Click on the picture for full size!

It turns out that our favorite alien has gone missing! Don’t miss Wendy Jones’s story. You can catch it every Friday at @BurpleOfZoron on Twitter!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SGS: Creativity!

Looking at Heather’s wonderful prompts, I just realized that April is almost over. Is it really the last Sunday of the month already!? How did that happen? Even with quarantine it feels like it just zipped by!  This week’s Seriously Geeky Sundays theme hits close to home, and I am super excited about it. As you all know, I’m an artist who loves to draw, paint, write, and sew!  26th April – Creativity What does creativity in fandoms/geeky interests mean to you? EVERYTHING. Just look at Club High Castle!  High Castle is the one fandom where I’ve felt like I’ve been allowed to flourish. The countless hours and dedication I’ve put into the things I’ve created has been appreciated by both fans and the cast and crew. I have never experienced anything like it, and it has genuinely made me happy over the years.  I’ve been in other fandoms where art and things just slipped by unnoticed–not that I’m seeking attention, but knowing that there are people out there who enjoy my...

SGS: Fictional Fathers

Today is Father’s Day in the US. This is your reminder to call your dads 😉 June 21st – Father Figures As it’s Father’s Day today, we’re celebrating the father figures in our fandoms. The good, the bad and the downright bonkers ones. Who is your favourite fictional dad? This should come as no surprise to anyone. Can I get a drum roll, please? John Smith from The Man in the High Castle . He loved his children and was willing to do anything to protect them. He was active in their lives, and can I just mention a certain scene in Season 4 where I always burst out laughing? Jennifer has a male friend over and puts on an “illegal” record. Loud music permeates through the apartment as the two start dancing. Her sister Amy runs out of her room, and the two girls start screaming at each other. The friend follows them into the hallway, and the front door opens to reveal Smith walking into the apartment in the midst of the chaos.  Who is your favourite evil dad? John Smith. Yes, he is e...

A Very Stylish Geeky Sunday

Costumes, costumes, and more costumes! I am here for this. Before COVID, I was an avid purveyor of all things cosplay and even cosplayed incognito, so today’s prompt is something I have been looking forward to.  15th November – Adorn Last month we were talking about visual locations with Embellish, and this month Adorn brings us to costumes! Characters wear an assortment of outfits throughout fandoms and this week we’re talking all about costumes, fashion and more. If you could steal any character’s wardrobe* which would it be? I was just having this conversation with @ChelahFan on Twitter! Ever since I first watched The Man in the High Castle way back in 2015, I was mesmerized with Helen’s Smith’s beautiful wardrobe (it was just so classy that I wanted to look like her). I’ve been slowly phasing my wardrobe into a mixture of vintage (reproduction dresses), modern, and pinup.  Dressing like her is a lot of work. You’ve got the retro dresses which require some clever ways to keep...