Skip to main content

Daggers in Red

This weekend’s adventure was a success. I got to check out a store that features medieval clothing and weaponry. Their store front looks like a castle, and it is set up on a hill. All it needed was a mote, and my inner, day dreaming self would have been set. 
Middle Earth, here I pretend! As luck would have it, they were having a huge sale in their warehouse, so we walked around back. I got a score of a deal on a beautiful dress. The camera and the picture on its package does not do it justice. The packaging makes it look like one of those cheap, I’m-going-to-snag-the-moment-you-sneeze affairs; we all know the type! 
The dress only cost 30 dollars, and I later looked at their catalog to find that it is normally 90. 
Remember to check out Friday’s episode of The Case of the Alien Caper at @BurpleOfZoron on twitter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SGS: Creativity!

Looking at Heather’s wonderful prompts, I just realized that April is almost over. Is it really the last Sunday of the month already!? How did that happen? Even with quarantine it feels like it just zipped by!  This week’s Seriously Geeky Sundays theme hits close to home, and I am super excited about it. As you all know, I’m an artist who loves to draw, paint, write, and sew!  26th April – Creativity What does creativity in fandoms/geeky interests mean to you? EVERYTHING. Just look at Club High Castle!  High Castle is the one fandom where I’ve felt like I’ve been allowed to flourish. The countless hours and dedication I’ve put into the things I’ve created has been appreciated by both fans and the cast and crew. I have never experienced anything like it, and it has genuinely made me happy over the years.  I’ve been in other fandoms where art and things just slipped by unnoticed–not that I’m seeking attention, but knowing that there are people out there who enjoy my...

A Very Stylish Geeky Sunday

Costumes, costumes, and more costumes! I am here for this. Before COVID, I was an avid purveyor of all things cosplay and even cosplayed incognito, so today’s prompt is something I have been looking forward to.  15th November – Adorn Last month we were talking about visual locations with Embellish, and this month Adorn brings us to costumes! Characters wear an assortment of outfits throughout fandoms and this week we’re talking all about costumes, fashion and more. If you could steal any character’s wardrobe* which would it be? I was just having this conversation with @ChelahFan on Twitter! Ever since I first watched The Man in the High Castle way back in 2015, I was mesmerized with Helen’s Smith’s beautiful wardrobe (it was just so classy that I wanted to look like her). I’ve been slowly phasing my wardrobe into a mixture of vintage (reproduction dresses), modern, and pinup.  Dressing like her is a lot of work. You’ve got the retro dresses which require some clever ways to keep...

Busy Little Bee!

I’ve been busy (mostly getting sidetracked) with a lot of things, but I managed to squeeze in another drawing for January. Yes, it’s Babylon 5 related…I can’t seem to not stay away from that show! Talia’s Night Out ~ A night of solitary reflection ~ I’m going to eventually digitalize it. I’m not sure when I’ll get around to it though. I feel like a scatterbrain with all of the things I keep getting distracted with! I am going to keep uploading pictures as I draw them instead of doing a giant post at the end of the month. I want to see how I like it compared to how I did it the previous two years.