Skip to main content

A Very Bester Surprise

Here is that promised lengthy post about the miniature Bester plush I finished last weekend!


“A Very Bester Surprise”
13.5 cm tall || 12 hours || sewing project

Yes, he really took 12 hours to create! This was my first attempt at creating a plush, and it was all hand sewn. I even created the pattern from scratch (this is included in that 12 hours).

I started out three weeks ago, spending about 2 hours each night after work on him that first week. The following week was freezing (in my opinion), and I didn’t spend as much time on him. I’m not one for cold temperatures. Even if I’m in layers with heat, I tend to not move, want to move, or do anything! It’s just how I roll.

Where was I? Ah, yes; that second week wasn’t very productive, but the following weekend was a warm one, and in that 2 day span, I finished him in record time! I had to make a stop at the local craft store for some fabric glue because I had to get the hair just right. What I had initially sewn on ended up warping and shrinking after I stuffed his head. Bester’s sideburns are classic, and I wasn’t about to skimp out on those!

I’ve uploaded a tutorial on my blog; feel free to check it out and test the waters (it’s my first tutorial for something like this, so I hope I made it easy enough to follow). I hope you enjoy the chicken scratch and formulas I left on the patterns! Who says Math has no use in the real world? 😉

Check out the tutorial
I added Mini Bester to Needles and Pins

Alfred Bester is part of Babylon 5, written by JMS — I do not own/create Babylon 5

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SGS: Creativity!

Looking at Heather’s wonderful prompts, I just realized that April is almost over. Is it really the last Sunday of the month already!? How did that happen? Even with quarantine it feels like it just zipped by!  This week’s Seriously Geeky Sundays theme hits close to home, and I am super excited about it. As you all know, I’m an artist who loves to draw, paint, write, and sew!  26th April – Creativity What does creativity in fandoms/geeky interests mean to you? EVERYTHING. Just look at Club High Castle!  High Castle is the one fandom where I’ve felt like I’ve been allowed to flourish. The countless hours and dedication I’ve put into the things I’ve created has been appreciated by both fans and the cast and crew. I have never experienced anything like it, and it has genuinely made me happy over the years.  I’ve been in other fandoms where art and things just slipped by unnoticed–not that I’m seeking attention, but knowing that there are people out there who enjoy my...

A Very Stylish Geeky Sunday

Costumes, costumes, and more costumes! I am here for this. Before COVID, I was an avid purveyor of all things cosplay and even cosplayed incognito, so today’s prompt is something I have been looking forward to.  15th November – Adorn Last month we were talking about visual locations with Embellish, and this month Adorn brings us to costumes! Characters wear an assortment of outfits throughout fandoms and this week we’re talking all about costumes, fashion and more. If you could steal any character’s wardrobe* which would it be? I was just having this conversation with @ChelahFan on Twitter! Ever since I first watched The Man in the High Castle way back in 2015, I was mesmerized with Helen’s Smith’s beautiful wardrobe (it was just so classy that I wanted to look like her). I’ve been slowly phasing my wardrobe into a mixture of vintage (reproduction dresses), modern, and pinup.  Dressing like her is a lot of work. You’ve got the retro dresses which require some clever ways to keep...

Busy Little Bee!

I’ve been busy (mostly getting sidetracked) with a lot of things, but I managed to squeeze in another drawing for January. Yes, it’s Babylon 5 related…I can’t seem to not stay away from that show! Talia’s Night Out ~ A night of solitary reflection ~ I’m going to eventually digitalize it. I’m not sure when I’ll get around to it though. I feel like a scatterbrain with all of the things I keep getting distracted with! I am going to keep uploading pictures as I draw them instead of doing a giant post at the end of the month. I want to see how I like it compared to how I did it the previous two years.